Saturday, November 06, 2010

bloodydon't

I don't have a knack for poetry.
Words so easily turned bad--like milk, like poems, like milk
garbledtonguetwistedkneeyessiree
See what I mean?
How to take that seriously?
Told to extract meaning and clarity
from abstract
is a poetic command, very zen like
but terrible, unless you're Neruda, but even then
he never did have a sense of humor
knowwhatimeanknowwhatimean?
Yes. That's my point.
Poems---ah. What was I trying to say? not out of anger, or say, a desire for beauty
words turned into art, uneasily--like this, like poems, like that.
There really is no art there. Or there is. Truth be told
I just don't--bloody don't--have a knack for poetry.

No comments:

About Me

I love words. This is simply a place for me to collect all the wonderful words I've come across in my journey through books and movies.